The benefits of foreign language study
1. It benefits academic progress in other studies and increases abstract and creative thinking.
2. It can assist in better developing basic skills and advancing cognitive development.
3. It characteristically contributes to the success of students achieving higher standardized tests scores.
4. It narrows achievement gaps for students from lower economic backgrounds.
1. It enhances students’ sense of self-image and self-esteem.
2. It promotes cultural awareness and competency and as a result, it fosters tolerance in children.
3. It enhances career opportunities.
4. It benefits society through improved global communications and enhanced economic competitiveness.
5. It has been shown to potentially stave off age-related mental decline.